2002/09/19
 
18:40

At last night's Meetup, I mentioned that I'd run similar events in Montréal during the 80's. That's why it occured to me to bring a sign: I know that some people won't know where to look (although you can generally spot such lost souls in search of an event). Mind you, as some have noted my sign was too small. Case in point: as I read on Rannie's site, one person looked for us at 8:30 (long after I'd mounted the sign) and couldn't find us.

Back in Montréal we had a little trick: the regulars would wear a paper clip on their lapels. A newcomer was simply told to look for anybody with that sartorial affectation. It's innocuous enough: nobody will think you're nuts, which might be the case if you used something a bit more obvious, like carrying a tuna.

Email  |  Permalink  |  Re-read  |  Top  |  FAQ  |  Archive