2002/10/03
 
13:46

Happy birthday to me
Happy birthday to me...

Oh, wait, that was yesterday.

I was raised in a religion that doesn't celebrate birthdays and never got into the habit of doing so. As a result, whenever somebody asks me how old I am, I have to do some quick mental arithmetic. I get some funny looks because of that – I'm not lightning quick with subtraction.

On the other hand, I don't feel as old as I am, because I don't get reminded each year that I'm 12 months closer to meeting the Grim Reaper.

Here's a tid-bit about October 2nd: apparently it's the only day for which Canadian weather records show nothing of interest has ever happened. No hail storms, no blizzards, no mysterious falls of herring from a clear blue sky.

Email  |  Permalink  |  Re-read  |  Top  |  FAQ  |  Archive