2002/10/04
 
00:32

Wow, Now That is Interesting!

I recently tuned into a Nova broadcast with the (to me) unpromising title "The Mysterious Life of Caves". The brief description I had available was that some scientists had a new theory on cave formation. Big whoop, but hey, it's Nova, so I gave it a whirl.

Wow! If you know what "extremophiles" are, or if you're interested in where life came from (always a good topic at parties), this is a great show. I don't know if they're going to air it again soon, but you can read a synopsis here.

Until I watched this show, I wasn't all that optimistic (if that's the right word) that there might be microbial life on Mars or Europa (one of Jupiter's moons). After watching this, though ... I'll think quite differently about the matter.

Email  |  Permalink  |  Re-read  |  Top  |  FAQ  |  Archive