2003/01/21
 
18:39

Word of the Day: Ack!

Ack! Oh, did I say that already? Well, let me say it again: ack!

I have now been without a cigarette for 42 hours, 39 minutes and 17 seconds.

Ack!

Yeah, I've got the nicotine gum. It's the Nicorette brand. Normally, I'd look up the link for their web site, but ... ack!

How to keep busy? How to think of something else?

Well, I amused myself by creating an HTML color chart for people who need HTML color charts. I needed an HTML color chart but the HTML color charts I found were ... ack!

Ahem. As I was trying to say, those charts weren't formatted the way I wanted, so I made my own. I could have kept it to myself, but in the wonderful sharing world of the net, I decided to post it online so that others could benefit from my efforts and also stumble upon the links to my other sites that I helpfully provided at the end.

Hmm. I'm thinking of a word. It starts with "A".

Nope, it's not what you thought. This time it's aaaaaaaaargh!

Actually, I've quit smoking several times before. I quit for 8 months in January of 2001. I quit for six years in the early 90's. And I quit for six days in autumn 1985. It's tough each time, though perhaps not as tough for me as for some other people. I suppose. So why do I keep starting back up? Simple: I'm a very stupid man.

Well, maybe that's not fair, but you know how people get when they're quitting: they get cranky and lash out at the person closest to them. Since I live alone, that limits my options.

Actually, nicotine is a wondrous drug in many ways. It focuses the mind and perks you up in a way that even coffee can't. Yes, I could go on and on about how wonderful cigarettes are but ... gee, I know there's suppose to be a "but" here. There must be.

Where did I put that gum?

Email  |  Permalink  |  Re-read  |  Top  |  FAQ  |  Archive